I’d suggest a natural skin lightening recipe, as chemically developed ingredients may provoke severe skin reactions (such as burning sensation, irritation, rashes, allergies). Below’s a recipe you might find helpful:
Rice Flour and Milk Powder Skin Lightening Mask
This homemade mask is very easy to make and easily applicable on your face, hands and legs. I am sure you will be satisfied with the results.
× Half cup of raw white rice
× Milk powder
» Grind the rice until it becomes fine powder.
» Add 2 or 3 tablespoon of milk powder in it and mix them well.
» Now make a thick paste using water or raw milk.
» Apply this paste on your skin.
» When the mask dries up completely, wash with lukewarm water.
Benefits of Rice Flour Mask
- Rice is very good for your skin, as it protects it from the UV rays and reduces the age spots on your skin.
- Milk powder soothes your skin and gives it glow.
Then strat using these soaps for regular bath. These soaps are made for skin lightening and whitening.
have a look :- – Top 5 Skin Whitening Soaps That Actually Works
Plus , you can use these following things :-
- You can use body pack or body scrub that will make your skin glowing and help in lightening.
- You must use a skin lightening body lotion.
- You must massage your body with essential oil like saffron essential oil.
- Use a good sunscreen before going to outside
Allow extra time to complete your morning remedy if you work, go to school, or have other morning commitments. You will also need extra time to devote to your evening routine before bedtime.
Morning Lemon Juice Facial Scrub
Start day one with the following Lemon Juice Facial Scrub to exfoliate old cells from the surface of your skin and encourage new cells to come to the surface. The vitamin C from the lemons penetrates to deeper layers.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in a small bowl.
- Add and mix in one tablespoon salt or brown sugar.
- Mix in one tablespoon coconut oil.
- Cleanse your face or other treatment area and pat dry.
- Apply the exfoliator mixture to your face for two to three minutes taking care to avoid your eye area.
- Leave the scrub on your face for 20 to 30 minutes, which allows the vitamin C time to penetrate the skin to the deeper cells which make melanin
- Wash off with warm water and pat your skin dry.
To avoid irritation, exfoliate your face only once during this three-day treatment. You can use this scrub daily on other hyperpigmented areas of your body, however.
Morning Lemon Juice Toner
After you finish with your facial scrub, apply this toner to your skin and be sure to avoid your eye area.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one half into a small bowl.
- Use a cotton ball or cotton pad to spread the juice on your face or pigmented spot.
- Leave on 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off and pat dry.
You can, instead, just rub the cut side of half a lemon gently into your skin. If you have dry skin, you can mix in a tablespoon of honey, or two tablespoons of milk or yogurt, and use as directed above.
Morning Aloe Vera-Lemon Juice Moisturizer
This skin lightening moisturizer combines the effects of vitamin C in lemon juice with that of aloesin in aloe vera on melanin content in the treated skin. After your facial scrub and skin toner treatment, apply this moisturizer.
- Scoop half a tablespoon of gel out of a fresh aloe vera leaf and use a spoon or fork to soften it in a small mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the bowl and mix with the aloe vera.
- Add half a teaspoon of sweet almond oil and mix well. Add only a drop or two of this oil if your skin tends to be oily.
- Gently massage a light layer of this mixture into your skin as an all-day, leave-on moisturizer.
- After 15 minutes, if your skin feels too oily or sticky, lightly blot your face with a cold damp washcloth or cotton pad.
- Finish off with a sun protectant of at least 30 SPF and your makeup routine and you are ready for the day. Do not apply a foundation to your skin.
If you cannot get the aloe vera leaf, you can use bottled 100% aloe vera gel.
During the Day
Reapply the leave-on Aloe vera-Lemon Juice moisturizer twice during the day for best results. Make an extra portion of the toner and moisturizer in the morning or night before and bring it with you in small cosmetic jars if you are leaving home for the day.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry.
- Gently wipe the cleanser residue off with a Lemon Juice Toner-soaked cotton ball or pad and let dry.
- Massage in a light layer of the Aloe vera-Lemon Juice moisturizer and reapply a sunscreen.
Evening Licorice Powder-Tomato Mask
Thoroughly cleanse your face of the day’s products with a mild skin cleanser in preparation to begin an evening skin lightening treatment with a Licorice Powder-Tomato Paste Mask. Licorice powder is used in Asia as a skin lightening agent and, like lemon juice, tomatoes are loaded with vitamin C. In lab studies, the licorice substance glabridin interferes with melanin production.
Make and apply the mask as follows:
- Crush a ripe medium tomato with a fork to form a paste.
- Add two tablespoons licorice powder and blend well.
- Stir in the juice of half a lemon and mix all into a soft paste.
- If you have dry skin, use a tablespoon of honey or four tablespoons of milk instead of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste in a thick layer to your skin with a medium cosmetic brush or your fingers.
- Let dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Gently scrub off the paste with a damp washcloth, then wash off your skin with warm water.
Alternative: Turmeric Paste Mask
Another option in place of the tomato-based mask is this one which is made with turmeric. Tumeric is easy to find in your local supermarket. The root is popular in Chinese and Indian cultures for cooking and treating pain, and women use it for skin lightening. Tumeric contains curcumin, a compound with antioxidant properties and affects substances that regulate melanin production.
- Pour two teaspoons lemon juice in a small bowl and mix in half a teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Crush half a cucumber in a separate bowl and mix two teaspoons of the cucumber juice into the turmeric mixture to form a paste.
- Apply, let dry, and remove as you would with the licorice-tomato mask.
Evening Toner and Moisturizer
After the Licorice Powder-Tomato Paste or Turmeric Mask treatment:
- Apply the morning Lemon Juice Toner to your face with a cotton ball or pad and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash off the toner and pat your skin dry.
- Gently massage in the Aloe Vera-Lemon Juice Moisturizer and leave it on for the night.
Days Two and Three
Skip the Lemon Juice Facial Scrub on the mornings of days two and three of your treatment. Instead, for your morning routine:
- Wash your face with your mild cleanser.
- Apply the Licorice Powder-Tomato Paste or Turmeric Mask and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with warm water and pat your face dry.
- Apply the Lemon Juice Toner and let it sit on your skin for 20 to 30 minutes as you did on the morning of day one.
- Wash off with cool water and pat your face dry.
- Gently massage the all day leave-on Aloe Vera-Lemon Juice Moisturizer into your skin.
For your day and evening routines, follow the rest of the plan outlined for day one.
Treating Other Areas of Hyperpigmentation
You can spot-lighten blemishes on your face or other places on your body by applying a small amount of any one of the mixtures above. For example, repeat this routine three or four times a day for three days:
- Apply a small amount of the Licorice Powder-Tomato Paste or the Tumeric Paste Mask to the area of your blemish.
- Leave on for 20 to 30 minutes and wash off with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply the Aloe Vera-Lemon Juice Moisturizer mixture to the blemish and leave on.
Similarly, you can lighten large areas of hyperpigmentation other than your face, such as on your armpits, arms, hands, legs, feet and bottom with the same mixtures and method.
A Convenient Armpit Treatment
Another armpit skin lightening option is to use potato slices. A potato contains an enzyme called catecholase, which is similar to tyrosinase and inhibits its action in the skin, leading to decreased melanin production.
- Wash a potato and cut off a slice.
- Rub the slice gently on your skin to apply the juice to the armpit.
- Let dry 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm or cool water.
You can also grate half of a small to medium potato, including the skin, and use the gratings to massage your skin. This is a good method to treat your darkened underarms.
If you are concerned about your uneven tone complexion or pigmentation spots on your face, you have come to the right place. In this article you will find tips about how to lighten skin naturally.
How To Brighten Skin Naturally
How To Lighten Your Skin Naturally?
By following the skin lightening tips you can get even tone skin complexion with lighter and brighter skin. We will tell you about natural skin lightening tips that can actually make a difference.
Natural Skin Lightening Tips: There are many day to day use items available in your kitchen that you can use to brighten and enlighten your skin, such as lemons, buttermilk, egg whites and dried herbs. These you can use to lighten skin fast naturally and remove a tan while brightening your skin.
1. Limit exposing your skin to direct sunlight: Apply sunscreen with 20 SPF + to protect your skin from sun’s ultra violet rays. You can also use moisturizers and other beauty products containing 20 SPF +. This will lighten your skin over time. But be careful you need Vitamin D also and Sunlight is an excellent source of Vitamin D. So balance out your exposure to sunlight.
2. Does Lemon Juice Lighten Skin? – Yes, you can use Lemon Juice to lighten skin naturally. It is packed with citric and ascorbic acid which are excellent source of Vitamin C. Both these two have skin lightening properties also.
How to lighten skin with lemon?
(a) Cut a lemon into two halves and buff it gently onto your face and neck. Rinse your face after 10 -15 minutes. Do it regularly and see your skin lightening up day by day.
(b) Mix small quantity of lemon juice with a bit of yogurt. Apply it once a day. It works as good mild skin bleaching agent.
(c) Mix equal parts of lemon juice and egg whites. Heat the mixture in a small pan over low heat till the mixture thickens. Cool it in a small jar and keep it in your refrigerator. Apply this mixture onto your face and neck and keep it for 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse off and see your skin brightening day by day. This also works well to remove a sun tan.
(d) Another way is to mix one tsp. of lemon juice with the one tsp. of honey which has soothing properties to get an effective skin lightening solution. Gently massage and leave on your skin for 15 – 20 minutes, and then wash of.
(i) While using lemon juice, avoid the eyes. If the lemon juice mixture is too irritating, add the other combination ingredient to dilute lemon juice.
(ii) Don’t go out with lemon juice on your skin, as with sun-exposure lemon juice can irritate your skin.
3. Does Milk Lighten Skin? – Yes, you can lighten skin with Milk. When you apply it topically, the lactic acid in milk works to gradually diminish the skin pigmentation leading to brighten complexion.
How to lighten skin with Milk?
(i) Soak one slice of lemon in 1/2 cup of whole milk for about 15 minutes. Rub the milk onto your skin and leave it overnight. Wash your skin thoroughly in the morning.
(ii) Pour any milk into a bowl. Preferably use goat’s or cow’s milk. Even better is buttermilk as it has extra benefit to make your skin supple and smooth.
(a) Soak a soft cloth in the milk. Make sure to wring out the milk, so that the wash cloth is not dripping.
(b) Buff the milk onto your face and neck with the above wash cloth. Keep refreshing the washcloth with the milk when it dries out. Rinse it of after 15-20 minutes or better is to apply at night and leave it onto your skin overnight. You will start noticing that your skin is lightening up after few weeks.
Better way is to soak one slice of lemon into the bowl of milk and use it after 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Chamomile Flowers: Add three teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers into one cup of boiling water and let it soaked for 10 minutes. Strain the herbs from the solution. Add one tbsp. each of rose water and honey. Apply this onto your skin and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. Any excess solution left can be kept in your refrigerator.
5. Lemon-Turmeric Cream: An effective way to lighten the skin is to use lemon-turmeric cream in treating dark patches on the body, such as on the inner thighs, elbows and knees and other areas and leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes and then rinse off with water. Both the ingredients, lemon and turmeric have skin bleaching properties to lighten your skin.
Caution: Turmeric tends to stain. So apply with gloves. Also avoid staining your clothes. To remove the turmeric stains from your skin, use wet ground sugar to exfoliate gently the affected area, and then rinse it off.
6. Gram Flour / Chickpea Flour and turmeric powder with Olive Oil: Blend the finely grounded gram- flour or chickpea-flour (also known as besan) and a generous pinch of turmeric powder with olive oil. Apply this paste onto your skin and rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
7. Does Vitamin C lighten Skin ? – Yes Vitamin C lightens Skin: Vitamin C is an excellent anti-oxidant and has been shown in many studies that it helps in lightening the skin. Lemon juice is an excellent source of Vitamin C and you can make homemade skin lighteners with Lemon Juice, as mentioned above.
If you are using skin whitening creams, don’t leave them on your skin for too long. Their chemical ingredients can damage / irritate your skin. Follow the directions printed on the label.
Follow above tips about how to lighten skin fast naturally and get even tone complexion with lighter and brighter skin.
You can’t. Permanently lightening your skin color is impossible just like how you can’t increase your body height once you’re done with puberty. Exfoliating your skin only gets rid of dead cells but it has no effect on your skin color.